Blog Journal #6

    Before this class, I had never heard of or used Diigo for research. Gale does have a similar platform, where you can annotate, download, and highlight sources, so I can see how Diigo would be equally useful.  Personally, the format is easy enough to navigate. In particular, I liked the ability to see a recently visited webpage on your Diigo page with the extension. Overall it seems intuitive enough and the fact that it is free is a huge plus if I were to have future students use this in my classroom.

    I would use Evernote as my Web 2.0 resource. It allows you to create forms and handouts and allows you to share them digitally with parents and students. Additionally, it also has the ability to sync notes amongst multiple electronic devices. It features an in-app camera and has a "learner profile" function, making it possible to put down notes personalized to each student, evaluations, and recommendations pertaining to the student. It is a tool specifically for teachers, another reason why I feel that this would be a valuable resource.

    Blogging has been both a new and interesting experience within this class. Thankfully, I have not had any technical issues with this platform, and even enjoyed learning about including some of the available features such as the twitter feed and copyright. I am not opposed to this method of communication at all, however, I recognize that I likely have not really gotten into the true spirit of blogging compared to some. I think that getting past a removed and academic tone to coming across as more engaging and personable is something that I would want to work on if I were to continue blogging outside of class.  


Link to Evernote

https://evernote.com/blog/teacher-productivity-system/ 


Comments